Thursday, August 6, 2015

8.7.15 // 12:14 am // Something Resembling a Poem

I had plans for my night after TAG training ended.
I was going to shave my legs
And unpack my stuff
And, most important, watch Netflix.
Until a knock at my door,
And a "Hey, we're watching Zoboomafoo."
I could have stayed in my room.
I could have shaved my legs
And unpacked
And watched Netflix.
Or,
I could have watched Zoboomafoo for fifteen minutes
And ended up praying
And crying
And laughing
And laughing 'till I cried.
I could have been vulnerable
And trusted people with things
I don't usually tell.
I could have played games
And been loud
And stayed up way past my bedtime.

Sometimes it's good to remember
I can live with hairy legs for another day.
My room can wait for just one night.
Netflix will always be there for me later.
Even Zomoomafoo can wait.
Because tonight I had fellowship.
I had a band of girls who I trusted.
I had things I never dreamed God would provide me
But He did.
Because He knows my needs,
He hears my prayers,
And He doesn't allow man to be an island.

So sometimes, remember:
There are responsibilities you have to attend to,
But not tonight.
Give yourself a break,
Wait until tomorrow,
Thank God for what is in front of you
And cherish the moment while it lasts.
My night was not what I planned.
Waking up tomorrow will be hard.
But nothing,
Nothing,
Can take the happiness of this memory from me
And that is far greater
Than any chore.

No comments: