Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The End

I find it kind of ironic to start out a new blog with the post called "The End." But then I've always been a fan of artistic irony. I decided it was about time to start a new blog, for a few reasons. One, because my old one was under a different email address and since Google and Blogger are now linked, it was a pain in the butt switching accounts all the time. Two, because the old one was feeling a bit cluttered to me. I mean I've had it since 2009. It was time. And three, because I've hit a period of great change and I decided that deserves a new blog.

Tomorrow is my last day as a senior in high school and that's insanely weird to me. I've started having a lot of "lasts" and I don't know how to process it all. Mid-April, I had my last high school play. Yesterday was my last dance class. Tomorrow is my last day of school. Later on this summer will be my last piano lesson, my last day of d-group, my last day of work. I don't think it's quite sunken in yet.

On a positive note, I'm very very excited to go to college. It seems like my roommate and I are going to get along really well. I've picked a tentative major. I'm super close to turning in my transcript (after tomorrow, actually, when I'm officially graduated) and scheduling my classes.

As exciting as it is, though, it's also intimidating. I've never really had this big of a change happen to me. I've never lived anywhere else but Cincinnati before. I haven't even moved around Cincinnati; I've lived in the same house my whole life. I've never been away from my parents for more than a week. I barely even do my own laundry. College is going to be an adjustment.

So here's to an end. I always hate endings, but they always happen so there's really nothing to do but accept it and make the best of it. And to look forward to the things I've got going for me in the future.

Lisa

No comments: